]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CALONTIR Home

CALONTIR  February 2007

CALONTIR February 2007

Fw: [Northshield] Bardic Madness part 2... lodging :)

Kateryn of Cornwall <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:27:26 -0600

text/plain

Greetings from your friendly little Bardic Madness event steward!

I have had some inquiries as to the various lodgings available on site for
the event and so here I convey the information most humbly:

There are 2 large heated cabins that will fit approximately 40 people  each.
These cabins have twin-sized cots, a few beds, and floor space that  would
accommodate sleeping bags and/or twin sized air mattresses for maximum
usage of space. These cabins also have bathrooms and kitchenettes. The space
in  these two cabins is first come first served at the event.

The main Hall, where the challenges and feast will be held, will also be
communal, slumber party style crash space. Approximately 75 people will fit
in this space, it is heated, and has bathrooms. There is a basement area
that will be heated that you will be allowed to use to store any instruments
(though this area has to be accessed from outside).  Because we would like
to fit in  as many people as possible, we are asking that you bring only
what you  need for sleeping into the Hall, and the smaller your air
mattress, the more  people we can fit :)  There is a building across from
the main Hall that  can be used to store any non-essential items you feel
you need to bring.   We are asking for your help in keeping the personal
items to a minimum so more  people can have access to heated space and thank
you so much for that help in  advance!

The unheated cabin shells have 4 twin-sized cots in them, and we have a
total of 34 of these.  There are 2 other larger cabins shells that have 16
cots a piece in them as well.  You are allowed to do any reasonable
weatherizing that you wish (example: tack up blankets, tapestries, plastic,
tarps, etc...) as long as you remove whatever hardware you use to put up
the weatherizing.You  are also allowed to use those indoor/outdoor  propane
heaters in the shells.

If every cot is used, we can conceivably  fit about 180 people in the cabin
shells.  The cabin shells are  reservable!

We are highly recommending that people who are hoping for heated space
reserve a cabin shell as back-up and bring along the appropriate bedding
for cool-weather camping.

There will also be tent/pavilion space available for those who wish to take
advantage of the flat, sandy ground.

Please see our web site, (http://www.minstrel.com/ncb/bm17.htm),  for a link
to local area off-site lodging and to download the pre-registration  form!
:)

We look forward to everyone coming to Bardic Madness!

In Service~
Lady Deonysia of Rye
~Event Steward, Bardic Madness~