SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Karen Nisbett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:20:13 -0700
  First, an apology if this message is a duplicate.  Having Yahoo
problems...

  I wonder if there are any among us knowlegable about frogs?  I'm writing
a short piece for my website about the small frog which has taken up
residence amongst the orchids on my front porch and I'm having a hard time
positively identifying it.  Follow this link to see the frog in question:
http://www.knisbettdesigns.com/frog.html  Yes, all three photos show the
same frog.  It's about as long as my thumb, quite adept at climbing and
changes color amazingly fast.  It has pronounced digital disks,  and a
black edged light spot beneath the eye.
  I've always called these frogs 'tree frogs' and have found some
information about Ohio frogs which makes me think this might be a Hyla
versicolor (grey tree frog).  I live in central Missouri, btw, and haven't
been able to find any information about Missouri tree frogs. Anybody have
any ideas?

  Regards,
  Karen

  knisbett designs