SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Frank Ippolito <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 11:18:20 -0400
Hey Emil,

Nice job! I know these things are hardly automatic- with alignment and
stiching and all. For those PCers, I've been poking around some and
VRtoolbox

http://www.vrtoolbox.com/Tools2.html

looks like a great variation. For MACers too. In fact a number of the 3rd
party VRQT packages have been reviewed as having better interface and
stiching tools as the Apple offering. Anyway, what's cool about VRtoolbox
is that the various aspects of the program are modular and can be purchased
individually. In my case I have an interest in VRObjectWorks. Rather than
look outward to create a panorama of the surrounding landscape, it points
inward to create a walk-around of a specimen. We've been doing stereo
photography with our fossils for some time but this looks like it might be
an eventual replacement, with the advent of digital publishing.

For now we have the Apple software and I'll be poking around with it some.
But your little show has inspired me to look more into the landscape
aspects of the program as well.

In the meantime, if you have a panorama of the main part of the square-
with the fountain and the cafe tables- it would be nice to be able to place
a little checkered tablecloth under my mouse every morning and sit with my
morning expresso, remembering.........

Frank