SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
kelly lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:38:58 -0400
I work at Michaels in the framing department. There is a difference in types
of plexi. we use "framing grade uv protectant Plexiglas." It really is good
quality and you can't tell the difference at all from clear glass. It's very
lightweight, scratches easily, use a plastic cleaner not Windex to clean and
a rag not a paper towel. we use a commercial blade plastic cutter to score.
you need to score it multiple times before applying pressure to break. You
can just order the plexi at Michaels, it's not cheap though.