CALONTIR Archives

Historical Recreation in the Kingdom of Calontir

CALONTIR@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Barbarrossa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:12:53 -0500
> No, Barbarossa.  No.  I am a citizen of the US, not a subject,

I have not asked you to be subject to anything but your own conscience.
I have asked you to consider whether you could/would/should look past
your own rights and consider the effect you may be having on others.

>there are no superior rights or freedoms that accrue to those who served,

This is true. But they do have a superior moral position and a superior
vantage point that should be respected to some degree by the recipents
of their sacrifices.

> nor to those who skate on the service of others even their own
> childrens.

Try these skates for a mile or two friend.

> > So the people we sent *don't* deserve everything?
> > They don't deserve the security of a united home front?

> No.  Because they wouldn't be defending a free nation.

You exercising your right to remain silent, because you choose
to put winning the war ahead of your personal feelings about
it, does not diminish the freedom of the nation one iota.

Barbarrossa