5BANKSTREET Archives

5 Bank Street: The Listserv for Willa Cather Scholars

5BANKSTREET@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2016 15:37:15 -0500
From:
John Flannigan <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
"5 Bank Street: The Listserv for Willa Cather Scholars" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
cc: John Flannigan <[log in to unmask]>
I haven't read Rosenblum's book, but neither Rosenblum nor her reviewer seems to have a good grasp of "My Antonia."  "Two Friends" or "Lucy Gayheart" with its "close shaves" among Haverford's citizens, seems to be a more appropriate choice for Rosenblum's discussion, and "Neighbour Rosicky" and "Old Mrs. Harris" are even better ones.  But I'm not sure I agree with Rosenblum's thesis anyway--or with her use of other literary examples, either!

John