SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Britt Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:59:18 -0500
>What is the optimal way to scan 6 documents
>as one file for viewing on the web?  She
>can get the 6 into one file using Word (text
>scanning......OCR), but she doesn't want to
>have to do any text editing.....I suggested
>Acrobat PDF format.....but have no idea how
>to link files together.
>
>She tried scanning as a compressed TIFF option
>via PhotoDeluxe but the file was still a
>whopping 6 megabytes.....black and white.
>
>thanks for any help,
>Jaynie
>

>Jaynie Martz, Technical Illustrator
>Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility
>12000 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, VA 23606
>http://www.jlab.org  ,[log in to unmask]
>Phone: 757-269-5022  FAX: 757-269-7352

Acrobat is a good way to go. Each tiff file can be made into a PDF then put
together into one PDF file with Acrobat Exchange.  If these are strictly
B&W is she saving them in bitmap (B&W) mode?

Adobe also makes a cool conversion software called Capture, but only for
the PC and it is very expensive ($895). It will convert images to text and
insert images of text where it is not sure of what the text is, thus
preserving the document content without editing.

Britt Griswold/MAP Project
RS Information Systems
NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center
Code 685 Bldg. 21 Rm G63