AFEEMAIL Archives

AFEEMAIL Discussion List

AFEEMAIL@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Jim Peach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AFEEMAIL Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2018 22:58:37 +0000
Geoff and Bill,
     Bill Dugger is correct.  Allan Gruchy's books on institutionalism are great.
David Hamilton's small book (Evolutionary Economics) would be excellent as an introduction.  It has been reprinted several times under different titles.  If you don't want an entire book, I wrote an article in the JEI (2003) called "Hamiltonian and Teleological Dynamics".  This was part of a JEI issue dedicated to David, but the original is far better.
      Another great source, is the 1987 two volume issue of the JEI on institutional economics.  This was later published in book form edited by Marc Tool.
      Finally, I recommend Wendell Gordon's 1973 "Institutional Economics".  Later revised and co-authored with John Adams.  There is a lot in that book --intended mainly for undergraduates.

I am sure I can think of more.

Best and thanks for doing this.