UNIVERSITY OF LEUVEN, MUSICOLOGY DEPARTMENT, EARLY MUSIC RESEARCH GROUP, IN
COLLABORATION WITH THE CHARLES UNIVERSITY, PRAGUE, INSTITUTE OF MUSICOLOGY
POST-DOCTORAL POSITION: “Low Countries Music and Musicians in Central
Duration: 2 years, full-time
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Start date: 1 October 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter
Salary: c. €2500 / month (net)
Application deadline: 23 August 2020
Applications are invited for a two-year, fixed-term, full-time research
position, at post-doctoral level. The position, which begins on 1 October
2020, or as soon thereafter as possible, is attached to a research project
on Low Countries Music and Musicians in Central Europe, 1400-1650.
This project is funded through the Central Europe Leuven Strategic Alliance
(CELSA; see https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__celsalliance.eu_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=Ze_y_PXt9-IvyUnX01ka450-dIwfKlrkfaTqRFRWp00&s=2dQGFCx9ZYU-Wl4dKV4q4y44Sm7g3w0ESeJMQEjdLwk&e= ), and is a collaboration between the
University of Leuven and the Charles University Prague. The project is
co-directed by prof. dr. David Burn (Leuven) and dr. Lenka Hlávková
The position is based at the University of Leuven. The University of Leuven
is excellently located just 30 km from Brussels, and is one of Europe's
leading research universities. Founded in 1425, it is also the oldest
university in the Low Countries. Although resident in Leuven, the
post-holder will be expected to spend time regularly in Prague as well as
elsewhere in Europe.
The post-holder will be expected to:
- carry out original research connected to the project’s topic, in
collaboration with the project PIs
- publish in internationally leading journals
- co-ordinate an application to the ERC’s HERA-scheme (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__heranet.info_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=Ze_y_PXt9-IvyUnX01ka450-dIwfKlrkfaTqRFRWp00&s=LyjGj51XdlrvoTN5a8OCsGaG7h4J6WlO0HHaLIwvVzU&e= )
- organize a panel-session for the 2021 Med-Ren conference
- assist in organizing a conference at the project’s conclusion
- hold a Ph.D. in musicology, awarded by the project start-date, in a
- must not have resided, studied, or been employed in Belgium for more than
24 months during the 3 years immediately preceding the start-date of the
Applications should consist of:
- A letter of motivation
- A CV, including publications
- A writing sample
- A letter of recommendation, sent under separate cover
The application and letters of recommendation should be addressed to prof.
David Burn, at david.burn -at- arts.kuleuven.be, and should be received no
later than 23 August 2020.
Prof. Burn may also be contacted for informal enquiries.
AMS-Announce mailing list and bulletin board:
WANT TO SUBMIT A POST? See: http://www.amsmusicology.org/page/announce
TO SEE THE ARCHIVED POSTS: https://LISTSERV.UNL.EDU/cgi-bin/wa?A0=AMS-ANNOUNCE
TO UNSUBSCRIBE, or switch to/from Digest mode: log in to https://LISTSERV.UNL.EDU and edit your subscription.
AMS-Announce: A service of the American Musicological Society, www.amsmusicology.org