]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

AMS-ANNOUNCE Home

AMS-ANNOUNCE  February 2018

AMS-ANNOUNCE February 2018

CFP (monographs): CMS Series in Emerging Fields in Music

AMS <[log in to unmask]>

AMS <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 Feb 2018 08:32:00 -0500

text/plain

Call for Proposals:
CMS Series in Emerging Fields in Music

The CMS SERIES IN EMERGING FIELDS IN MUSIC, published by Routledge,
consists of concise monographs that help the profession re-imagine how
we must prepare 21st Century Musicians. Shifting cultural landscapes,
emerging technologies, and a changing profession in-and-out of the
academy demand that we re-examine our relationships with audiences,
leverage our art to strengthen the communities in which we live and
work, equip our students to think and act as artist-entrepreneurs,
explore the limitless (and sometimes limiting) role technology plays
in the life of a musician, revisit our very assumptions about what
artistic excellence means and how personal creativity must be
repositioned at the center of this definition, and share best
practices and our own stories of successes and failures when leading
institutional change.

These short-form books (25,000-50,000 words) can be either
single-authored works, or contributed volumes comprised of 3 or 4
essays on related topics. The books should prove useful for emerging
musicians inventing the future they hope to inhabit, faculty
rethinking the courses they teach and how they teach them, and
administrators guiding curricular innovation and rebranding
institutional identity.

The series welcomes new proposals.

Topics of particular interest include (but are not limited to):

innovating the ways in which we engage audiences from the stage,
within our communities, and across digital platforms;

crafting initiatives that highlight the healing powers of music, with
special attention to those at the margins;

developing practices that prepare students to embrace the mind-sets
and skill-sets of the artist-entrepreneur;

tapping best-practices afforded by new technologies;

developing arts advocacy as a core competency of artists;

refocusing curiosity, creativity, and collaboration at the heart of
all that we do;

leading meaningful institutional change at a time of uncertainty and promise.

Please contact Series Editor Mark Rabideau, DePauw University
(markrabideau -at- depauw.edu) for proposal guidelines or to discuss
prospective submissions.