Request for Bids
The Royal Pavilion Committee is soliciting bids for a new floor for the Royal Pavilion. The current floor was constructed in 2009 by the Barony of Three Rivers under the direction of Richard the Rampant. Years of fellowship shared by the folks of the Falcon have taken their toll, and a replacement is called for. This is a project of immense scope, requiring artistic vision, awareness of Calontir history and culture, and management of a large team of artisans.
The current floor has a radius of 14 feet. This represents a paintable area of roughly 615 square feet. (There is a square cutout in the center to allow for the center pole.) The floor will be painted with latex paint. The Committee will supply the prepared canvas as well as additives for the paint to prevent the growth of fungus, as well as a sealant for after the painting is completed. The Committee will reimburse the cost for paint, brushes and other reasonable supplies. There will be three hundred dollars budgeted for buying lunch on work days.
The current floor is four pieces, with grommets for staking it down. The Pavilion has 18 poles, so a design that would use six floor pieces would also be acceptable.
The Request for Bids is being announced at Lilies War. The deadline for Submission of Bids shall be July 22. The Bid shall be awarded at Pennsic. It is expected that the project will be completed and ready to be presented at Coronation in January. The absolute deadline is at Chieftains, so that it can be packed in the trailer for deployment at Gulf War.
Specifications for Bids:
The successful bid will demonstrate to the Committee that the group or groups involved will be capable of bringing the project to successful conclusion, based on cultural and artistic vision, history of completed projects, available work space, availability of skilled artisans, and a trusted project manager. The successful bid would include
• an artistic rendering of the design on a scale no smaller than 1:12.
• A resume of projects completed by the senior team members
• A set of photos showing the proposed workshop area, as well as descriptions of facilities available
• A list of at least a dozen artisans pledged to work on the project
• If the bid is being submitted by multiple groups, a description of how the work will be divided between the groups
• It is expected that most of the bid will be submitted electronically, but the physical design sketches shall be mailed to the Chair of the Pavilion Committee with a postmark deadline of July 22, so that they can be evaluated at Pennsic.
• Bids shall be submitted to [log in to unmask]
Manage your subscription at http://listserv.unl.edu