SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Cindy Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:20:57 -0700
Hi all,

I’ve had the pleasure of working with Chuck Carter during the last few months, and would like to introduce him as our newest member of GNSI – and of the Listserv. Chuck was lead artist and developed many of the concepts for the computer game “Myst.” You may recognize his name from his work in National Geographic – in fact, he was the first artist hired to do an illustration for NG on the computer. I’ve been working with him on a geology text project where he is a co-author, and have been learning tons – he’s created some terrific geo-art using 3D modeling software, some of which you can see up on the Sci-art site.

Hard to imagine that he’d never heard of GNSI until a couple of weeks ago – but I had no trouble convincing him that he should join us. He’ll fit right in!

Welcome Chuck!

Cheers,
Cindy