SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Lynne Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:38:50 -0800
We spent scores of dollars and scores of hours trying to get non-Epson photo
paper to print photographs correctly
- but to no avail.

Epson papers have a special "absorbency" rating to accept the right amount of
ink volume from the print head in
photo quality mode.

Use the wrong photo paper, and the ink will bead up (not soak in correctly) on
the non-epson photo paper (or
worse). Unfortunately, each type of ink jet printer (in photo realistic mode)
has ink deposition rates correlated to
their own type of photo paper.

Go to www.buycomp.com for Epson photo paper and spare cartridges at below
wholesale cost prices. At least
for some comparison shopping.

Jim at Biovisuals.com

(not a shill for Epson or Buycomp, although sometimes I wish I was...)