SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 13:14:27 -0800
I am suddenly in the market for a new Epson as well so I can make ink jet
prints to sell. I've seen the output of the 1200, and it's stunning, but
it
takes only up to 13" wide paper and I'd like to go at least a couple
inches
larger than that. Does the 3000 have as fine a dot pattern as the 1200? Is
there a good source for large paper other than Epson?

Also, does anybody have any thoughts or recommendations regarding archival
inks? My feeling is to go with regular inks to keep price down and then
suggest to buyers that they frame with UV plex or glass. I don't believe
that Epson makes archival inks yet, and if you use non-Epson cartridges
and
have a problem, it could invalidate the warranty.

Lynette