SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Jill Mulligan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:52:34 -0600
Overwhelmed by the warm response, I am sitting here with tears threatening my
eyes.  I was nervous about sharing what has been kept secret inside me for so long
and you've all made me feel comfortable with opening up.  Thank you for so many
wonderful suggestions to help me get started.  I now have some very concrete
guidelines and plenty of projects to work on: a portfolio, a brochure, a list of
goals.  Thank you all so very much!

One of the eek mails asked what coast I am from; I grew up on the west coast.
Norman Rockwell was on the east coast.  I never heard of him visiting the west
coast, yet he wrote about the elevator incident in his letter.  One of the cover
paintings he did resembled me so closely that many people asked if I was the
model.  Except for the quick sketch in the elevator, I never sat for him.  The
cover was of a young girl sitting outside the principal's office with a black eye.
Spooky.

What made me feel great was that several of you identified with the hardship and
longing to do what we love the best.  I don't feel alone anymore.

Thank you again for all your encouragement, warmth and guidance.
Jill Mulligan

--

mailto:[log in to unmask]