SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:10:17 EDT
Dear Liz,
Many years ago I designed a "boilerplate" contract for my art business. It
was based upon the GAG, Tad Crawford, and other business contracts. My attorney
helped tweek it for my own specific uses. All I have to do is fill in the
blank areas and it becomes an estimate form, invoice and contract all in one.
There are areas for usage, royalties, etc.
I particularly like the space where the authorized client signs and dates the
contract.

Remember don't start the job until the contract is signed.

If a client doesn't like my contract (which is designed to adjust to a
variety of specific jobs) I may not work with the client. It is fair, open ended and
spells everything out up front. No surprises at the end.

The design itself is friendly, based upon Mondrian design space concepts and
it has served me well since 1976 with only minor adjustments updating it for
my computer.
Roberta
www.robertarosenthal.com