SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Kathleen Garness <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2010 19:05:20 -0500
If you love orange as a color, another pigment, perinone orange, is
also amazing. There's a clarity to it that cad. orange can't equal.
Some time ago I was asked to paint this very orange flower, and
nothing quite seemed to match, until I dug out the perinone. (I think
it's from Daniel Smith) Wow. The quinacridone are such useful
additions to the palette!!

I used the neutral tint for a recent commission, where I greyed out
some foliage to put the flowers into better focus. The neutral tint
handled beautifully. : )

On Aug 31, 2010, at 6:52 PM, Bruce Bartrug wrote:

> "Thanks for the tip about WN neutral tint. It's a great addition to
> my palette! I really like it mixed with quinacridone burnt orange."
>
> It's a dye, too, so won't separate when used with other staining
> colors like indigo or the quinacridone dyes (as can happen when
> mixed with granular colors like burnt umber).  The quinacridone
> burnt orange is a great idea.  I'll give that color a try soon.
>
> Bruce

> instructions at
> http://citnews.unl.edu/presentmethods_lana/listserv/index.html

change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  -
Margaret Mead