SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
"Gail W. Guth" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 21:02:49 -0400
Hi all,
        My email system was down over the weekend, so I logged on this morning
with a barrage of messages, mostly answering Elaine's question about
including computer-art topics in the handbook. I enjoyed all of the
back-and-forth; I've spent 25 years using traditional techniques, and
have just recently (2+ years) gone "digital" - but certainly not
entirely. I still do my illustrations by hand, but I use the computer to
do minor editing, sizing, and incorporating my work into
computer-generated page layouts for publications and graphics. So, my
toughest questions are always about topics like scanning and bringing
art into other programs. I guess I would like to see a combination of
traditional techniques and computer information. I agree that
program-specific information would be old before the book is published
("Upgrade Fever"), but info on techniques and basics like scan
resolutions, etc. would be valuable.
        Not a cartographer, I have to ask: what is scribing?

-Gail