SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Erica Beade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:25:45 -0400
Hi folks,

I'm in the market for a scanner - well actually, we bought one, a Microtek
Scanmaker X6EL, last week. It does a decent job on color, but scans of
black & white images (especially drawings), are pretty bad. Very few of the
lighter grays come through. This is the main reason we want a scanner - for
b&w work. Microtek support has so far been unreachable. Does anyone have
any ideas about this? Is it the scanner, or are we doing something wrong?

If it's the scanner we're thinking of getting a more expensive one, in the
$600-800 range - IF we can find one that does a good job on black and
white. Research has turned up the Epson Expression 800 Artist Scanner
($800.00), which is one of the few that mentions the range of greys it can
support. Anyone know of this scanner? Any other suggestions?

Thanks much for any input,

Erica