SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Karen Ackoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:55:01 -0600
>One additional note on the 1520:
>
>Using  postscript software to successfully print out eps files from Quark
>requires ethernet rather than appletalk. I understand Epson is working on
>way to make it work with appletalk.
>
>Gary Raham
>Biostration
>Wellington, CO

Not true.

The Epson PostScript driver works fine with Apple Talk (and has for as
long
as I've had my printer), except that you need to set Apple Talk to the
REMOTE ONLY setting (the Epson software includes this extension in the
event you do not have it; though it is a part of the standard OS install
as
far as I know).

Karen Ackoff
Assistant Professor of Fine Arts