SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Amelia Janes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 05:16:58 -0600
"Robin M. Jensen" wrote:

> Paul, Cindy,
> I was THINKING about upgrading to Communicator 4.7. I even thought it
> might solve some of the freezing problems I've been having with
> Netscape. Last week, an Earthlink tech phone rep tried walking me
> through some steps to solve those problems and I, TOO, lost my email
> address book (somehow not the bookmarks). Fortunately I had backed up my
>
> preferences, but not for a couple of months so I lost many new entries
> and lists.
> Does anyone suggest switching to Microsoft Explorer? I hate to change
> when I've grown accustomed to a program.
>
> Robin Jensen

Creating and maintaining a complete system back up wiill save a lot of
headaches when its time to up-grade software.  Just copy your system
folder
onto a zip, jazz, tape or burn to CD and you will always have copy of your
old preferences -and other various things you might not want to lose.

--
Amelia Janes--GNSI membership secretary
Wisconsin Cartographers' Guild / Midwest Educational Graphics