SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Chris Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 17:42:25 -0400
>>> " Perhaps we should all start a movement demanding more fuel
>>> efficient cars that the average consumer can afford and have the
>>> governments give a tax break for buying a hybrid instead of a >>> Hummer!
>>>
>>> cheers!
>>> jennifer"

Hi Jennifer,
        Sorry to pick this up late in the thread.
        It's called a "maximum clean-fuel vehicle deduction".  There is
information on the federal tax break for hybrid technology on the
following page, scroll down to the american flag and click the link
found there.  These breaks are being phased out by 2007 but there is
still time (and time to lobby for them to be extended).  For our Civic
we used this and a NY state tax break and differential sales tax rebate
to make the difference in the purchase price of the new technology an
across the board wash.
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/
model_overview.asp?ModelName=Civic+Hybrid&bhcp=1&BrowserDetected=True

Chris