SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Britt Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:29:04 -0500
>Netscape users:
>I am curious why you persist in using Netscape.  I teach several online
>classes and 85% of the problems are due to students who use AOL as their
>Internet service provider and the rest are due to those using
>Netscape.  Netscape was the first, but it is clearly not the best,
>browser.  Internet Explorer is faster and uses up less "real estate" on
the
>screen.  Is it just that you have always used Netscape or that you just
>can't get over Bill Gates' fortune :-)
>
>I'm really curious about the choice because I need to counsel students
and
>I don't why members of the professional community still use Netscape.
>
>Larry

>E-Mail: [log in to unmask]  |  Internet:  bio.sbcc.net
>Voice:  805.965.0581 x2393  |  FAX:    805.963.7222

I have:
1. Always  used Netscape (since before ther was IE).  It is still the
official Browser at Goddard.
2. Hate Bill's business ethics
3. Find just as many problems in formating and Javascript execution for IE
as for Netscape.
4. Hanging on for Verion 5 of NN befor I throw in the towel.

Britt

Britt Griswold/MAP Project
RS Information Systems
NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center