SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:20:26 -0800
Hi All,

Many thanks for your comments and feedback. I apologize for not responding
to each of you individually. I am literally swamped with e-mail as a
result
of my image being "out there".

Britt, Digimarking is certainly one way to go, but that's a steep fee (as
you know). Maybe it will be worth it when I earn a few times what I'm
earning now!

As for AP, I don't yet have an answer as to why my image was sent to them.
I've been told that if a reporter obtains an image for a single paper and
that paper is part of the AP system, then he/she is obligated to forward
the
image to AP. It appears that the person who took my image off Geoff's web
site for use in the Oakland Tribune also submitted it to AP. However, both
AP people I've spoken with so far don't know who that original person was.
And both of them agree I should have been contacted before it was
submitted
to AP and don't know why I wasn't.

My contact in the San Francisco office said she would call New York to
have
my image killed and circulate a notice that AP doesn't have permission to
distribute the artwork. Someone is supposed to call me back to discuss
some
type of remuneration. Actually, that was to have happened this afternoon,
but nobody called back yet.

The saga will continue tomorrow. . .

Lynette