SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Michael Rothman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 2020 14:12:20 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I still have a licensed “functional” copy of Photoshop CS6 on my iMac.   Both are getting rather long-in-the-tooth, but I can use it under MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra.  Since I don’t do anything fancy with it, I have managed to avoid subscribing to the newer versions of PS.  That being said, I found that recently my Marque selection tool has become corrupted and I can’t seem to figure out how to rectify the problem.   Specifically, in the rectangular selection tool I can only get square regions selected no matter what I do.   I literally can’t select any rectangular areas.   A few months ago I went through a complete reinstallation of Photoshop CS6 from the install disk.   For a while, everything worked fine.   However, the same screwy situation as returned and I don’t want to do a full, but tedious, reinstallation.   Years ago I remember there used to be some sort of Photoshop Preference folders that could be discarded and the program would then resort to the default settings and that was a good place to resume.    Any ideas or suggestions how to fix the Selection Marque issue?

Many thanks,
Mike Rothman