SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Frank Ippolito <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:45:14 -0500
>A long winded viewpoint from Paul Mirocha
to the Guild of Natural Science Illustrators list serve
and local artist friends<

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the excellent review of the meeting and the ideas that it
fostered. Sounds like a great meeting of the minds- wish I had heard about
it beforehand. I also wish I had a little time to reply to the many
important points your post raised, but that will have to wait- as I am
engulfed in a deadline to meet, workshop to teach, and chapter to finish.
hope to revisit this post down the line because it touches on some points
have been concerned about. You may recall the soapbox I stepped up on a
few
years back that talked about the coming paridigm shift (aaahhhhhh!) in
illustration. Back then there was lots of questions and few answers. The
jury is still out, but the ripples are turning into waves- more dangerous
times, but at least they are easier to see.

Frank <donning snorkle>