SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
John Dorn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 08:38:24 -0600
Re:  Ames meeting.

>Will figure drawing be offered?  It has been fairly popular at most
>meetings.  In Santa Cruz we had pretty full rooms.

Hi all,

Julie Kulak, Dean Biechler, Dr. Warren Dolphin, the Biological Illustration
students at Iowa State, and myself have been putting together the program
for the Ames meeting. As of now there are multiple events ranging from
tours of various acedemic facilities, nature interpretive centers, and
gardens, to concurrents sessions on techniques, presentations of papers and
a whole host of hands on workshops lasting both for a half a day as well as
a whole day. It looks to be an extremely busy and fun event!! (And I
haven't ewven mentioned the food and receptions.)

I have forwarded the question concerning figure drawing to the committee
and we will definately see what is available. (Rooms and times are filling
up fast)

Everyone will soon be able to see the agenda and learn about Ames and the
Iowa countryside via a WWW site. This is not ready yet but the backbone of
the site should be up and running by the first of the year. I will contact
all of you via this list as well as through the GNSI newsletter when it's
ready to go.

Thanks for the question Elaine, I hope this helps let everyone knoiw where
we are in terms of getting ready for EVERYONE to come to Ames.

Take Care, John

John O. Dorn, MA
Medical Illustrator
Engineering Animation Inc.