SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Barbara Gleason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:31:33 -0700
I have a client, a raptor rehabilitation center, that uses my
illustrations on their signs in front of each bird's compound and the
signs include line art, text and colored range maps. Obviously, this
isn't a well-heeled organization, so we've done what we can to keep
costs down. But, I'm finding I have to reprint the signs at least once
a year to compensate for heavy fading of the inks from my Epson RX500
and from my husband's Epson Color 1270.

So, we're in the market for suggestions from the list as to what others
are using in environments where we're dealing with rain (lots of it!),
some sun, heat and cold during a year. If we can find the ideal
material, we'll see if we can locate funding to pay for the costs of
production. These don't have to be something we can print here, but I'm
thinking screen-printing, or some sort of signage printing on vinyl
might be the answer?

I'm open to any and all suggestions y'all might offer! On Elaine's
advice, I also perused the archives, too, but most of the information
there dated to 2001-2003 so I suspect there are new materials, etc.
that are more current.

Thanks in advance!

Barbara Gleason

--
BGleason Design & Illustration
www.bgleasondesign.com

     _     Graphic Design
   ( '<     Scientific & Commercial Illustration
//"  "      Ph: 541-345-3974

P.O. Box 50535, Eugene OR 97405