SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Karen Ackoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 2020 16:24:31 -0500
First check your marquee settings. I haven’t used CS6 in a while but look in the control/options panel at the top of the screen. With the rectangular marquee selected. You should see option for fixed size, fixed ratio and normal (or something to that effect; I’m not in front of my computer). Choose normal and see if that fixes the problem.

To trash prefs... Quit Photoshop. Hold down option and under the GO menu, select library. You’ll see a prefs folder. Locate Photoshop prefs and drag them from the folder to wherever you want them. Launch Photoshop.

There is another way to reset defaults when launching Photoshop by holding down keys as you launch the program. But I don’t know if it applies to CS6.

Sent from my iPhone