SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Betsy Boynton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 12:47:37 -0400
We have occasionally had to use Canvas on files that come to us in that
format, and have found it very user-hostile. From what I have seen, it is
trying to be Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign all in one program.
Fortunately for me, most of my experience has been watching my colleague's
battle, but I wouldn't recommend it. It didn't play well with Adobe
products, either. To be fair, it has been a couple of years since we used
it. If you can't spend much money on an illustration program, which I agree
sounds like what you need, I recommend CorelDraw, or Freehand (although I am
so used to Illustrator that I didn't give it a fair try).

Betsy