SCIART-L Archives

SCIART-L@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Hilair Chism <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 13:58:17 -0800
Hello. This is my first time posting on the list after quite a while of
enjoyable lurking. Thank you.

I was talking about digital line art with an author last night, and he said
that he just tried out Adobe Streamline and had great results with his art
work. As I understand it, Streamline converts scanned images into vector
images that can then be imported into Illustrator. It sounds like this
skips the pesky tracing stage. Has anyone else tried this software? Are
there any benefits to creating the vector art by hand? Adobe's URL for it
is http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/streamline/main.html if you are
interested in checking it out.

--Hilair Chism