LISTSERV Archives

5BANKSTREET Home

5BANKSTREET  March 2007

5BANKSTREET March 2007

Re: Cather's Medical Records

Joshua Dolezal <[log in to unmask]>

5 Bank Street: The Listserv for Willa Cather Scholars

Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:54:56 -0500

text/plain

Gabriel,

I have an article on Cather and medicine coming out in the next issue of
Cather Studies. If you'd like to send an email to [log in to unmask],
I'd be glad to forward a copy.

Otherwise, you might find the biographical sketch of Dr. Gilbert McKeeby
useful in the following pamphlet:
Howard, W. A. Biographical Sketches of the Nebraska Legislature and
National and
State Officers of Nebraska. Lincoln: Jacob North & Co., 1895.

Dr. John Macaulay is worth checking out; Cather and Lewis befriended
him:
Ingersoll, L. K. "M. D. for the Islands: The Life and Times of Dr. John
Francis Macaulay
(1876-1939)." The Grand Manan Historian XXV (1993): 1-47.

These articles have also been useful:
Bender, Eileen T. "Pioneer or Gadgeteer: Bergsonian Metaphor in the Work
of Willa
Cather." Midwest Quarterly Autumn 1986: 130-40.

Ryder, Mary R. "Ars Scientiae: Willa Cather and the Mission of Science."
Willa Cather
Pioneer Memorial and Educational Foundation Newsletter and Review XLV.1
2001. 11-16.

Sumner, Allene. "Prize Novelist Finds Writing and Eating Kin." Willa
Cather In Person:
Interviews, Speeches, and Letters. Ed. L. Brent Bohlke. Lincoln: U of
Nebraska P, 1986. 86-88.

Cheers,
Josh Dolezal

Joshua Dolezal