Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CALONTIR Home

CALONTIR  April 2008

CALONTIR April 2008

In Celebration of THL Philippa

"<Lisa Miller Brown>" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 7 Apr 2008 14:16:12 -0700

text/plain

Unto all the good Gentles of Calontir, an Invitation to a Celebration:

Good Gentles, I pray that this missive finds all of you in the very best
of Health and Spirits.  Please consider coming to Vatavia and helping THL
Lawrence the Leech celebrate the life of his Good Lady and longtime Love,
Philippa Lloyd de Tarifa.  There will be music, both live and canned;
poems (hopefully); and stories, stories, stories! Finger foods will be
served, and there will also be a cash bar!!

Pray remember that this is a wake: A celebration, not a funeral.  For
those of you that knew the Lady Philippa, you know well that the word
"somber" does not fit her.  Therefore, and in accordance with her
expressed wish, the color black is not allowed at this party (the color
Hot Pink, once known in this Kingdom as "Patty Pink" is perfectly
acceptable, indeed, it is encouraged!) If tears are shed, let them be
tears of laughter and love.

          The Date:   Friday, May 2
          The Time:   7:30-11:30 pm
          The Place:  The Cotillion Ballroom 11120 W. Kellogg, Wichita, KS

(Take your best route to Kellogg Avenue, also known as highway 54, I-35
meets Kellogg almost in the middle of town.  Take the west-bound ramp,
this will take you to the western edge of the city.  The Cotillion is on
the north side of the road, past Maize Road; it has a very large sign, but
it is surrounded by auto businesses, so watch carefully.  If you get to
119th Street, you've gone too far.  If these directions make no sense to
you, call me at 316.841.5190 and I'll get milord husband to write me
directions that will get you there, I promise!)

One more important thing to ask of you Good Gentles; if you are coming to
this celebration, PLEASE email your RSVP to Lord Lawrence's sweet
daughter, Heather, at [log in to unmask]  We need an
approximate number of attendees so we know how many to feed.  If you need
crash space or if you wish to volunteer crash space, please email me,
Duchess Hywela at [log in to unmask], and I'll try to either help you
find some or thank you effusively for your help.  We who love Philippa
look forward to seeing all of you!

I thank you for your time.

As ever, I remain,

In Service to my Kingdom and my friends,

Hywela