SCIART-L January 2009

Re: Article: TRANSPORTATION

Joan Lee <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:08:58 -0500

text/plain

Britt, please also keep in mind that we can hire buses and vans--and
use them depending on arrival and numbers. I put 5 July through 11
July to give us wiggle room. Early arrivals, if there are any, can
settle in with a little more leisure. The core conference actually
starts on Monday evening and Monday evening portfolio sharing is the
first "real event," yes? No?

Unlike in large cities, these rural areas are masters of "can do" so
they will tend to work with us to meet our needs. We need to have a
fair idea of what we need from them. I have forwarded your email to
UMFK Public Relations and Terry will undoubtedly respond in a timely
fashion. In a major city it is pretty cut and dried, you take what
they advertise and that's that. In rural areas people are far less
rigid. Shall we give them a chance?
  Joan