LISTSERV Archives

STAT_BOOT Home

STAT_BOOT  February 2010, Week 2

STAT_BOOT February 2010, Week 2

Project #1 has been graded

Chris Bilder <[log in to unmask]>

Bootstrap course listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Feb 2010 11:26:01 -0600

text/plain

STAT 950 Students,

Project #1 has been graded and e-mailed back to you.  Please
examine the comments that I made in red in the project (most
comments are made with the “track changes” tool in Word).  If you
have any questions about how to do a particular item in the project,
please feel free to ask during class, post a message to the listserv, or
stop by during my office hours.  If you have a question on why I took
off a particular number of points for a part of your project, please ask
me individually.

I have posted an answer key to the projects web page of the course
website.  The reason why I give you an answer key is to give you the
most amount of feedback possible.  Please look over all parts of it and
compare my answers to your answers – even if you got a problem
correct.

There were a total of 67 points possible.  Here are a summary of the
grades: Mean = 57.5, Median = 59, standard deviation = 6.2.

Here are some specific comments:

1) When you include your R code and output in what you hand in for
the project, please include R output WITHIN the R code like I do in my
answer key and in my lecture notes. This helps me to more easily
diagnose what is wrong with R code when needed.

2) Please use the book’s notation. It is important to start doing this
now because the class will be more difficult later on if you do not get
used to it. Plus, it will be difficult for me to determine what you mean
sometimes if you are not using the proper notation.

Chris