]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CALONTIR Home

CALONTIR  July 2013

CALONTIR July 2013

Re: Further fallout from the Seventh Sign of the Apocalypse

Nest ffynnon <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:24:29 -0500

text/plain

The survivors of the concentration camps in the 1940s, who were
severely emaciated, told interviewers their sense of smell was so
enhanced, it was possible to smell a potato peel a quarter of a mile
away.
    Though we have tales of opulent feasts in court, the majority of
people probably ate much more sparingly, and their olfactory senses
would have been important for survival.

Moving someone from the past to the present, they would be
overwhelmed by fragrances not present in their own time: gas fumes,
and chemical smog for starters, and fake perfumes instead of the
luscious true essence fragrances they would be accustomed to.

Nest