MAGMOR Archives

Historical Recreation in Mag Mor

MAGMOR@LISTSERV.NEBRASKA.EDU

From:
Eagle Claw <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Historical Recreation at UNL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:59:11 -0500
Greetings one and all!

Last night was our third installment of Pottery Night. Much fun was had and
we even managed to discuss some items. I thought I'd share the results of
those discussions:

It was requested by a participant of Fighter Practice that we look into
meeting on a different night of the week. We discussed the viabiliity of
this and determined that currently Wednesday nights are the one night each
week that the majority of us are able to meet. I would humbly suggest that
any Fighter Practice people are welcome to come as they deem fit rather than
every week. Also, as Bran's class schedule runs on a quarterly schedule,
once this current schedule is done, we can re-evaluate and perhaps choose a
new day of the week for Pottery Night at that time.

We also discussed our firing schedule for our current projects. Any
projects that are needing to be completed by Kris Kinder must be completely
dry no later than November 13. This leaves 2 more working nights at Pottery
Night to make something for this batch. We will continue working after
November 13 on items that will be fired late January/early February. I will
be doing the bisque fire (the preliminary firing) on November 14. On the
17th, I will demonstrate how to mix glaze recipes and we will be glazing our
bisqued pieces. The glaze firing will take place on November 20 with pieces
ready to be distributed on the 21st or 22nd (depending on the amount of time
it takes for the kiln to cool).

*Note: for folks who would like to join us for the glaze mixing, please
bring a dust mask; we don't want to breathe this stuff!*

As always, if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, feel free to
contact either Bran or me.

-Vasilla

Vasilla Anastasiia Krasnaia
Barony of Mag Mor

"I don't believe in just ordering people to do things.
You have to sort of grab an oar and row with them."
          -Harold Geneen