Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CALONTIR Home

CALONTIR  December 2013

CALONTIR December 2013

Re: Silliness

Rosamistica Tomacelli de Greene <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:11:53 -0600

text/plain

Well, if someone happened to give me a winning ticket, (as I don't
play the lottery) I would first NOT get the lump sum, that comes to
about a quarter of the amount won.  Therefore I would be getting an
annuity of 10,000,000 a year.  This would come out to over $800,000 a
month.  So, to start, reinvest half.  You have to have a significant
amount invested to continue to receive dividends after the thirty
years are done.  This leaves me with 400,000 a month. Next I would
give 20% to charity, so another 160,000 down.  This is now 240,000 a
month.  So, after paying off my mortgage, and some friends and
families mortgages, I would do ALL the work on my house that I want,
including the additions and more.  That would probably keep me busy
for a few months.  Then I would buy an enormous piece of land in the
middle of Missouri.  It would be great to have a site that could be
used for all kinds of events.  In a year, when I had enough money, I
would open a furniture factory in our small town that is hurting for
jobs.   I would also buy some farm land so that I could have
peacocks--  just because.  After a few years I would buy a castle in
France, a villa in Italy, maybe an island.  It would be very important
to do it within the budget, as lottery winners often are bankrupt
within 5 years.  If you don't go too crazy at the beginning you can
establish a way to stay wealthy.

Oh, and the most important thing, I would NOT let it be known that I
was a lottery winner.  There is a way to do it with lawyers and
investment firms.  Lottery winners often have children kidnapped and
worse.  I would not significantly change our lifestyle.  We would
still live in our house, though we would finish the fixing up.  The
things we bought would not be all around us, so that we wouldn't stand
out a lot.

Oh, I would also get a maid and a grounds keeper.  That would be my
indulgent local luxury.
--
Rosamistica Tomacelli de Greene
Nec timeo, nec sperno.