CALONTIR January 2014

Re: Social Media/information options

Debra Hense <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 18 Jan 2014 22:09:24 -0600

text/plain

And its announcement time:

We just started a google group title Falcon Banner.
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/falcon-banner

The name of our gazette will be Falcon Banner.

We are looking for reporters, editors, and other contributors.

We will be using wordpress to publish our gazette.

Some of the things we want to bring together come from facebook,
twitter, the Calonlist, the group lists, Google+, Linked in, etc.

What we want to include -
Vital Statistics:  Births, weddings, passings, who's moved in, who's
moving out. Who just joined.
Court reports;
Event reviews
Results of competitions, tourneys, etc.
Upcoming competitions/themes at events.
Photos, photos, photos!
Ask a peer column.
How-to-articles.
Reviews of new books applicable to the SCA.
Other articles as contributed.

There will be no sign up or memberships required.  No subscriptions
either.  Just bookmark our main page.

We're planning on bringing up an initial page Feb 1 (or thereabout).

This is not an official publication.  It is just a group of friends
putting together some news about the kingdom that is not official, but
is of interest to us and our friends.

Come join our google group to help contribute to this webpage and to
discuss some initial items we hope to publish.