LISTSERV Archives

COMPSTAT Home

COMPSTAT  April 2015, Week 5

COMPSTAT April 2015, Week 5

Re: Installing the Bigmemory package

Xiaojuan Hao <[log in to unmask]>

Computational Statistics <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Apr 2015 17:56:14 -0500

text/plain

I use following code to install these big family packages

install.packages("bigmemory", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
install.packages("bigmemory.sri", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
install.packages("biganalytics", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
install.packages("bigalgebra", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
library(bigmemory)
library(biganalytics)

You may get some warning messages, but you can still use bigmemory package.

If you still can not install this package, you can install this package from R console.

Go to "Packages" select "install package", then you can select bigmemory package from the list.

Also I want to mention that if you want to run biglm.big.matrix function to do linear regression, you need install both "biglm" and "biganalytics" packages.
Hope these work for you.

xiaojuan