]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ECN-L Home

ECN-L  May 2019, Week 5

ECN-L May 2019, Week 5

Re: unusual labels or collecting method? Thanks!

Michael Wilson <[log in to unmask]>

Michael Wilson <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 31 May 2019 18:35:33 +0000

text/plain

​I have always been told that in the Nat Hist Museum London there are a series of beetle specimens labelled- "found under dead tramp" (US hobo?) in New Forest (England). I have not personally seen these specimens but I am sure Max can confirm or deny this story. I was also told that the collector left the body where it was found so that he could return later to collect further specimens, rather than report the death to the police.

Mike Wilson

National Museum of Wales, UK