The Saint Petersburg Contemporary Music Center reMusik.org invites you to take part in the international forum “New Music” within the frame of VIII St. Petersburg International New Music Festival (online and offline activities). It will be held online and offline in Russian and English. The forum will discuss topics related to copyright, funding and the presence of new music on stage and screen. Musicians and directors, managers and critics, international foundations and government agencies, concert halls and theaters, patrons and commercial companies are invited to participate.
The forum will highlight aspects of the presence of new music on stage and screen: in drama and opera performances, cinema and animation, museum exposition and public spaces. Anyone can take part in the forum: composers and musicologists, directors and art critics, cultural managers and journalists – those who are interested in the development of contemporary music.
One of the forum topics is the role of new music in visual, auditory, situational formats and related art forms. We are planning to review the following aspects:
- the work of a composer in theater and cinema: methods, role, interaction experience;
- the perception of modern music in theater, cinema, animation, museum spaces, etc.;
- the development of new spaces: ways of interaction and development of different forms;
The second direction of the forum is the functioning of non-profit organizations and interaction with commercial structures, charitable foundations and government programs for the sake of supporting contemporary music and art. Parallel line – new music festivals, challenges and requirements of the time, conditions of organization, interaction with sponsors.
The third area is the issue of copyright, protection and restrictions, rights and obligations. The following aspects will be considered at the forum and round table:
1. Copyright societies – rules, regulations, types of work in terms of new music.
2. Online events and broadcasts: how to protect the group of authors and the organizer of the event from unplanned expenses.
3. Copyright: from creative to legal.
4. Online and offline: World changes.
Applications for participation must be sent by February 28, 2021 at https://en.remusik.org/forum/
Curator of the Forum – Dr Lidia Ader, senior researcher at the Saint Petersburg State Museum of Theatre and Music, artistic director at the Center “Art-parkING”.