The International Society for Research and Promotion of Wind Music (IGEB) is pleased to invite submissions of proposals for its publication project The Wind Music Companion.
The Wind Music Companion, written by leading experts, will be an edition in two volumes. It will offer accessible studies about historical, instrumental and ethnological topics, and introduce new social, aesthetical and pedagogical aspects. The volumes will be written in English, containing approx. 450 pages with photos, illustrations, tables and musical examples.
We invite interested collaborators to submit their proposals within the framework of the following categories:
• Modern and global Wind Music after the 1960th
• Avant-Garde and Wind Music
• Regional Traditions in Russian
• Wind Music in Africa
• Overview about Virtuoso Musicians, Ensembles and Composers
• Role and Influence of the Music Industry
• Wind Music and Medias
• “Functional” Music after WWII
• Wind Music and Gender
• The Role of private Teachers and Institutions
• Festivals and Competitions
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Abstract (max. 500 words) and a brief CV should be submitted by e-mail to the Chair of the Scientific Committee (david.gasche -at- kug.ac.at
) and (damien.sagrillo -at- uni.lu
) with a copy to Ulrike Maser (igeb -at- uni.lu
). With your proposal, please include your name, contact details (postal address and e-mail) and your affiliation (if applicable).
Submitted papers (15-20 pages) will be peer-reviewed and will be published in The Wind Music Companion
Official language of the articles: English
The papers accepted for publication should be original contributions in the abovementioned fields and may fall under one of these categories. Authors will not be remunerated.
• Deadline for the submission of abstracts: 18th of April 2021
• Notification of acceptance: May 2021
• Deadline for full paper submission: End-2021 (Further information will be sent to selected applicants)
Due to the current situation, the deadlines may be modified.
For further information please contact the IGEB Board igeb -at- uni.lu
or david.gasche -at- kug.ac.at
On behalf of the IGEB Scientific Committee,
David Gasche & Damien Sagrillowww.igeb.net