Hello everyone, been a while!
In September, Twitter launched a pilot feature, called Communities (@HiCommunities
is the official account with info).
I received approval to launch a SciArt Community. It's a bit like a Facebook group or an alternate Twitter feed. If you're interested in joining, just send me a direct message on Twitter, and I can add you. We've already had one conference offer 30 free tickets to the Community members (Open Data Institute Summit).
Bit more about it below:
- Viewable-only on Android for now, fully functional on iOS and desktop.
- Tweets you write in the Community won’t show up on your profile stream, but they are public: non members just can’t Like or reply. It's meant to aid conversation without randos jumping into your mentions and derailing discussions.
- You have 5 invites you can use to invite others to the Community. I can't grant you more, but moderators have unlimited, so let me know if you'd like to invite others; I just need to be able to DM them.
- You can easily quote-tweet your existing main timeline tweets into the community, so you don’t have to write them twice. Or vice versa!
- We've been inviting in artists, illustrators, cartoonists and photographers engaged in science, as well as editors, scicomm experts, journalists, educators, and curators.
- We’ve had one conference offer exclusive free tickets in the community - hoping more collaborations and benefits arise organically over time.
Happy to answer any questions.
Stay healthy and happy!