A friend of mine has just been asked to price a job to produce 290
illustrations for a physical science college textbook, with a 6 month
work window. He is new to this and really has no clue where to start
with figuring the amount to ask for. This is for major textbook
publisher. He has done a few illustrations for them already piecmeal
at $55/hr, so they must like the results so far.

Any sort of pricing and contract pointers for a large hunk of work,
from those who have been there would be apreciated. He wants to price
competatively but not lowball or undercut the market.

I have my own opinions, but I think more points of view are needed to
get a realistic idea of how to approach this.

Britt
--
Britt Griswold/WMAP Project