Frank,

There is the Link Window that allows you to see the various files that you have placed in Illustrator 10.  I'm not sure I understand you completely.  I can take those files and if I have embedded the file I can then manuever and resize or scale it without a problem. It could be that when you saved your file you didn't included the linked file or you didn't embed it.   Is this a possiblity?

Deb

Frank Ippolito <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hey All,

After becoming spoiled by the very useful features in various programs that
allow us to view the details about- and properties of- a linked asset, I
have found such abilities in AI 10 to be very lame.

At one point I resized a linked file and AI insisted on showing the file in
the original aspect ratio. Huh? There seemed to be no place to massage the
file into its new shape. Another time I had a folder full of variations of
the linked file. Nowhere can I find a way for AI to show me the path for
the linking. In other cases I sometimes get error messages when opening a
file whose linked asset is missing. No place it seems where I can manage
these assets and perhaps delete the link for a long gone file. Am I
missing something? Any such tools in AI CX?

-Frank