Frank,

You should be able to "squeeze' placed image files with the scale
tool or set a specific size in the transform palette. What you can't
do is set a specific size  for one dimension and have the other
dimension stay proportionate (lame). The the scale tool is not
working for you, do you have a sticky shift key maybe?

You can find information on linked files in the Document Info window.
Use the pop out list to go the the linked file section with your
image selected at the same time. There is less info here than I would
like, but it does list the path.

If you are missing a file, you can delete the image directly. It will
be a blank box, only visible in outline mode. If you select it, you
should be able to designate a new image for it through the link
palette, or do a file/place/replace to get a new file to replace it.

Britt

--
Britt Griswold/WMAP Project