>This quote from the article is definitely news to me!!
>If you can damage a CD by writing on the label side, why do the print
>rule lines on many brands
>to write on?
>Is this so sort of planned obsolescence? Should a CD maker know...not to
>not to encourage writing on the CD?
>
>Karl

You must only write with soft water or alcohol based markers, like
Sharpies. But be sure you have not marked other item that would have
grit on them. the marker tip might pick some up. Then you are taking
your chances.  The possibility exists that the marker pigment might
contain something that could corrode the Cd finis as well. Something
to thing about when choosing markers...

britt
--
Britt Griswold/WMAP Project