> This was the first adult discussion I had ever had
> about income with anyone
> who had a real job.   It meant a lot to me.   I hope
> there is some way in
> which new people can learn this critical aspect of
> freelancing without
> getting in trouble.
>
> Liz Day
> Indianapolis, Indiana, US
______

Your comments are very touching to me and very well
put, Liz.

I am a novice illustrator & digital artist. I do not
have strong ambitions in this field, and will never be
a "Frank" or "Britt" (and u 2 jeremy in ca), and the
others out there, all of whom I admire and respect. I
would rather be camping or canoeing than competing in
an art show. But I do need to earn a living, and
preferably in a career that is in synch with me, which
is nature, science & art. I need to stay informed from
more experienced and professional people in this field
regarding general info, techniques, and yes pricing!
But I am not even remotely a threat to anyones career.
Most of us probably are not. Our style, technique,
mediums, etc. are all unique to us. So our pricing
will always reflect those differences. I don't see how
any of us could collude with such differences. (Don't
get upset anyone, I understand all the legalities
explained previously).

What I'm saying is, each of the responses to the
original and innocent question regarding pricing has
been very educational. I can't stress that enough, and
please remember I am a novice... so don't be upset
over my simple and naive thoughts regarding this
issue.

Here is a line from Kristine(I beleive?)Subject: 2
paleobotanist artists RIP, that I feel describes a lot
of the people I know in MN in my field of work:
a group of many-hatted; wierdly, passionately patient;
nature-loving; sharp-eyed, blossom-hearted persons. -
And now I can see that in those that are on this
listserver as well. It's a good thing... right?

Jacki