I have not come across a good way to doo this with placed images.
Best to get eh maesurments of your palced image from thr Transform
palette, draw your boarder, type int he same dimensions in the
transform palette, the select both items, Align and group. Set he
black boarder to overprint if needed. Now toy can scale the grouped
object and the boarder will move with the placed image. Make sure the
scale of srtoke is turned off in the scale dialog.

britt

--
Britt Griswold/WMAP Project